Latest News:

 

I am very normal like you:Shahrukh!

Despite overwhelming media exposure no one seems to have had enough of Shah Rukh Khan, most certainly not him!

The indefatigable 42-year-old Bollywood actor has awed the nation - producing films, acting in them, promoting products on TV, hosting reality TV shows and managing his IPL cricket team, all at the same time.

In an interview on CNN-IBN, when asked if he could be spreading himself thin, Shah Rukh brushed the suggestion aside.

"Thin is good. I have made people want to be thin," he responded in lighter vein.

"And I believe you never die of an over exposure, you die due to lack of work. People have been saying things to me for 17 years. When I started with ads, I was the first guy to do ads commercially at that level. And people said a star should have an enigma. This is it. What is the enigma of being a star? The enigma is that I am such a normal guy and you see me on screen and say, 'oh he acts so different'. That is the enigma and I don't think that I spread myself too thin."

Besides being a talented actor, Shah Rukh is an astute business man, something that was evident during the interview by the manner he kept referring to the Kolkata Knight Riders even when being quizzed about matters other than IPL.

Despite dabbling with a lot of things Shah Rukh has no plans of directing a film.

"I think it is a very lonely job. ..Am I ready to be this lonely so early? I don't think so. I like the sound, the noise and people. I want to do shows, movies, and endorsements, Knight Riders. I want to do so much that there is nothing left to do," he says.

Something else that he will not do is worry about being eclipsed by any other actor, other than himself!

Referring to the constant media speculation about stars such as Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar and Hrithik Roshan dislodging him from atop the pedestal of Bollywood's number one star, Shah Rukh says:

"I have a lot of respect for people and their work but beyond that I don't start comparing. People have worked for 20 years and I respect them. Somewhere it must be rallying them but I am happy that I am the constant.

"And every year I say lets work harder and one day they will say Shah Rukh Khan is better than Shah Rukh Khan."


Please comment if you like this post!
An AwaazBandh Presentation!

Digg It! Add to del.icio.us Stumble This

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: