Latest News:

 

Himesh on Karzzzz!

No one can accuse Himesh Reshammiya of not having guts. The man who’s best known for his cap and his unmistakeable voice, admits he sings from the nose, has had a hair transplant and is the worst-looking actor around. And he knows he has taken on a difficult task by playing Monty in his second movie, a role made famous by Rishi Kapoor in Subhash Ghai’s Karz. Pulling no punches, Himesh Reshammiya bares his soul.

Your first film as hero, Aap Ka Suroor, was a hit. But your second film Karzzz seems the real test…

Yes. In Aap Ka Suroor I was playing Himesh with a cap. People thought that it was my real test but I feel my biggest test will be Karzzzz. The music, as expected, has become a hit. But will they accept me as Monty of Karzzzz?

Isn’t it a huge challenge to do a remake of such a famous film?

Of course it is! The difference is that (the original hero) Rishi Kapoor is the best-looking guy around; while I am the worst. I am a non-dancer and a non-actor. I feel like a newcomer who has got blessings from Rishiji and also Subhashji, from whom we bought the rights of the original.

What made you take up this huge task?

After becoming a successful musician, I wanted to become an actor. I took my parents’ blessings and accepted the challenge. Now, people are making five big-budgets films with me.

You seem very keen to talk about your weaknesses. Is it a defence mechanism?

No. Whenever I try to be defensive, it leads to a controversy like in the Ashaji case and on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. People assumed that I was arrogant.

As soon as I admitted that I sing from the nose, they went quiet and started loving me even more — they loved my honesty I crave people’s love — I don’t want to antagonise them. I see a better path in being honest. So it’s not self-defence.

How would you assess your capabilities?

I am very good at my lines. I can deliver a five-page dialogue in one shot. Despite being Gujarati, my Hindi and Urdu diction is good.

What did it take to get this brand new, longhaired, muscled look?

I have gone through a lot. I have undergone a hair transplant. I also had to lose weight. Everyone has worked towards making me a star.

How would you compare the new Kamini (Urmila) with the original (Simi Garewal)?

If Simiji was outstanding, Urmila is no less.

You compose music, sing and act too. Doesn’t the multi-tasking drain you?

Multi-tasking is my X factor and USP.




Please comment if you like this post!
An AwaazBandh Presentation!

Digg It! Add to del.icio.us Stumble This

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: