Latest News:

 

Do Knot Disturb Sushmita-Govinda!!

You'd think when producer Vashu Bhagnani and director David Dhawan get together after Hero No 1 and Biwi No 1, the film will have a name suggesting a link among the Hero, the Biwi and No. 1.

Not so. Vashu's first film with David in 9 years has been given the title Do Knot Disturb.

Sushmita and Govinda who came together in the fiasco Kyunki Main Jhooth Nahin Bolta in 2002 were meant to come together for Dharmesh Darshan's new film this year.

The plans were aborted and in fact Sushmita preferred to stay away from all outside offers to focus on her dream home-production Rani Laxmibai.

But then both Vashu and David, old friends whom she's sentimental about because they fashioned her first hit Biwi No 1, urged her to be a part of their first collaboration in 9 years.


"It's an out-and-out comedy, " says Vashu. "Let's not pretend about that. But it's an original idea and script. When David and I come together we can't fool around with people's expectations. I haven't made a film in nine years.

Now I'm simultaneously launching my son Jackie in Vivek (Bhootnath) Sharma's Kal Kissne Dekha that will be shooting in Soith Africa while I'll be with David and the crew for Do Knot Disturb in Delhi."

Papa Bhagnani doesn't want to be looking anxiously at his son's debut. "I'd rather be with David, Govinda and Sush."

Adds David Dhawan, "When Govinda says he has full faith in me I get frightened. Will I be able to deliver again this time? I can't say our film is spectacularly different from what we've done so far.

But at the same time I must admit audiences want to see something different. Look at Jannat Its success is so welcome. But I can't do something too different with Govinda because I can't play around with audiences' expectations."




Please comment if you like this post!
An AwaazBandh Presentation!

Digg It! Add to del.icio.us Stumble This

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: